This is the privacy notice of TypeCoach, LLC. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to TypeCoach, LLC. We are a limited liability company registered in the State of Florida, USA.
Our mailing address is TypeCoach, LLC. Attn: Carly Toomey 8230 Indigo Ridge Terrace, Bradenton, FL 34201.
Our privacy and cookies policy is updated from time to time. Whenever we make a change, we’ll post this on our website.
Last updated: January 27, 2020
How to use this privacy and cookies policy
In this policy, we explain how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information when you use our products and services and our website.
How to contact us
TypeCoach, LLC, 8230 Indigo Ridge Terrace, Bradenton, FL 34201 USA.
TypeCoach is committed to respecting your privacy. We take privacy, security and complying with data protection and privacy laws seriously.
Personal Information We Collect About You
The information we collect about you and how we collect it can vary depending on the TypeCoach products and services that you use, and how you have interacted with TypeCoach even if you aren’t a customer, or what we have obtained from a third party who has permission to share it with us.
TypeCoach will process your personal data based on:
- Fulfilling your request to access our tools and/or the same request made by your employer, if applicable.
- TypeCoach’s legitimate business interests, for example, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our network and services, and the improvement of our services. Whenever we rely on this lawful basis to process your data, we assess our business interests to make sure they do not override your rights.
- Compliance with a mandatory legal obligation, including for example accounting and tax requirements, which are subject to strict internal policies (such as retention periods), procedures, and your right to restrict usage of your data, which control the scope of legal assistance to be provided.
- Consent you provide where TypeCoach does not rely on another legal basis. Consent may be withdrawn at any time. When you give your consent, you will be given details on how to change your mind and you can always contact email@example.com to withdraw your consent.
We will collect your personal information when you, for example:
- Buy or use any of our products and services
- Register for a specific product or service on our web site
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us
- Contact us through various channels, or ask for information about a product or service
- Visit or browse our website
- Have given permission to other companies to share information about you
- Where your information is publicly available
- Are the customer of a business that we acquire
The types of information we may have are, where applicable:
- Your name, title, company, personality type and IP address.
- In some cases our clients, potentially your employer, ask us to capture additional information (location, function, cost center code, etc.) when you create an account on our site.
- If you purchase a TypeCoach account on our site, we will collect the data
- Your contact with us, such as a note through our contact page or to a member of our team via e-mail, or other records of any contact with us.
- Credential information – we’ll collect passwords, hints and similar security information used for authentication and access to accounts and services.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as credit agencies, fraud-prevention agencies, and from other data providers.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
1. To provide you with your service; Processing your order and providing you with your products and services
- To process the products and services you’ve bought from us, and keep you updated with the progress of your order.
- To provide the relevant product or service to you. This includes other services not included in your agreement with us services that use information about where you are, and to contact with you messages about changes to the products or services.
Billing and customer care
- To bill you for using our products and services, or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you.
- Contact you if the billing information you provided us with is about to expire or we’re not able to take payment.
- To respond to any questions or concerns you may have about our network, products or services.
- We will contact you with customer service messages to keep you updated with current information about products and services you’ve taken. For example, changes to our terms and conditions or service interruptions.
2. To improve our service; Improving and innovating our products and services
- We collect anonymous, de-identified or aggregate information in order to improve the service we offer to everyone. None of these analytics are linked back to you in any way.
3. Marketing and tailoring our service to you
- As our customer, we will contact you to keep you informed about new and existing products and services. We may also send you newsletters. We tailor these messages based on the products and services you’ve bought from us in the past. Any communication from us includes an unsubscribe option if you no longer wish to be contacted and you can send a similar request to be removed from our database to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Where applicable, we share information about you with:
- If you have consented to have your personality type shared in our Type-to-Type tool, your name and personality type will be displayed for the colleagues on your immediate team to see and, in some cases, others from within your organization. You may disable this sharing function on your own account at any time by clicking on the “More” button in your account and selecting the “Hide” button in the lower left. You may also e-mail email@example.com at any time and we will disable sharing or delete your data altogether if you request.
- Partners, suppliers or agents involved in delivering the products and services you’ve ordered or used.
- If your employer has purchased access for you, we share your data with your colleagues in the Human Resources function.
- Companies who are engaged to perform services for, or on behalf of, TypeCoach, including our technology partners.
- Law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory organizations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorized to by law
- A third party or body where such disclosure is required to satisfy any applicable law, or other legal or regulatory requirement.
- Third parties that we use to serve you marketing, for example, Infusionsoft.
Fraud management and law enforcement
- We will release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
- We also may need to release your information to comply with our legal obligation to respond to the authorities’ lawful demands. Your personal data shall only be provided when we in good faith believe we are obliged to do so in accordance with the law and pursuant to an exhaustive evaluation of all legal requirements.
Mergers and acquisitions
If we’re reorganized or sold to another organization, we will provide your information to that organization.
Third parties that we work with
Where you’ve purchased TypeCoach products and services using a third party or partner organization, we often need to exchange information with them as part of managing that relationship and your account – for example, to be able to identify your order and be able to pay them.
If we have a contract with a service provider or contractor to provide us with services or provide a service on our behalf, and they may have access to your personal information, we don’t authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
We collect and combine information in order to monitor your use of products and services, and that of our other customers, as well as to help us to improve the quality of our products and services.
International Data Transfers
TypeCoach supports clients across the globe, including within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, our primary storage is on Digital Ocean servers that are based in the New York region of the United States.
Whenever TypeCoach sends your information to a country that is not in the EEA, we will make sure that your information is properly protected. We will always ensure that there is a proper legal agreement that covers the data transfer.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
Once purchased, TypeCoach accounts are available for the user to continue using for as long as they like, usually for the length of their employment with the purchasing organization. We will keep your data secure on our site until we are notified either by the user that they would like the data deleted or until we are informed by the employer/purchaser that the employment of the user has ended. Once we receive a request from a user or from an organization, we endeavor to remove the data within 48 hours of the request.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
Our team frequently reviews and improves our measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered, as this is the nature of the internet.
We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We’ll never ask for your secure personal or account information by an unsolicited means of communication. You’re responsible for keeping your personal and account information secure and not sharing it with others.
Our website may provide links to third-party websites. We cannot be responsible for the security and content of such third-party websites. So make sure you read that company’s privacy and cookies policies before using or putting your personal information on their site.
The same applies to any third-party websites or content you connect to using our products and services.
You may choose to disclose your information in certain ways such as social plug-ins (including those offered by Google, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest) or using third-party services that allow you to post reviews or other information publicly, and a third party could use that information.
Below we set out details on how you can exercise your rights. If you have a question or cannot find the answer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will respond to you.
Right to access personal data
You have the right to make a request for a copy of the personal data that TypeCoach holds about you. To make this request as an individual or an authorized third party, contact email@example.com.
Right to correct personal data
You have the right to correct information held about you if it’s not accurate. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or needs to be updated, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address this.
Right to data portability
You have the right to be able to take with you the personal data you provided to us in certain circumstances. Just contact email@example.com if you would like to receive your data.
Right to object to use of personal data
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to TypeCoach processing your personal information. For more information or to exercise this right, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To opt out of marketing messages:
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from TypeCoach, if applicable, you can choose to opt out at any time. If you’ve previously opted in to receive personalized content based on how and where you use our network, you can also opt out at any time.
The easiest way to opt out is by clicking “unsubscribe” on any TypeCoach communication or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Please note: You may still receive marketing messages for a short period after opting out while we update our records.
To manage cookies and understand more about what they are
Cookies are a function in your internet browser that tracks certain information as you navigate through different web sites, including ours. You can disable Cookies in your browser, although the specific process for doing so depends on your specific browser.
How to lodge a complaint
If you want to contact us about any of your rights or complain about how we use your information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will respond to you. If you’re still unhappy, in the UK you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their website is www.ico.org.uk.
Right to restrict use of your data
If you feel data we hold on you is inaccurate, or you believe we shouldn’t be processing your data, please contact email@example.com to discuss your rights. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict processing.
Right to erasure
TypeCoach strives to only process and retain your data for as long as we need to. At any point, you have the right to request that we erase personal data of yours that we hold.